Tuesday 24 January 2012

Blog - 1 Introduction

Healthy eating…whaaat?!

My name is Monika Podgorski and I’m a student athlete at Simon Fraser University. I am currently studying criminology but I’m falling in love with Kinesiology! I’m aiming to spread the knowledge to those who want to lose weight that healthy eating is vital to obtaining a healthy body image!
There is delicious healthy food out there to enjoy! J


I got a food processor for Christmas!! Still haven't used it yet though :(


I was never “fat” persay, I was just a lot meatier than I am now. Before losing weight I always thought I was just “big boned” until I started losing weight for wrestling (the sport I LOVE and am participating in university). It was like hell on earth trying to cut weight because most people assume, including myself, that with losing weight comes severely strict diets. I feared fats and carbs and I expect to learn more about healthy eating and how our body actually needs these two nutrients (in adequate amounts of course).

This is important to me because I want people to not feel trapped with their diet because frankly for a lot of us food makes us happy (I am the absolute WORST person to be around when I’m hungry) and we don’t need to stray away from all the foods we love, we just need moderation. People should be happy while losing weight and not feeling 100% deprived!

There are healthy ways to enjoy the foods we love J
My dads creation of...the avocado penguin :p

No comments:

Post a Comment